AccuTrans is a highly-sensitive, DNA-friendly casting material for
toolmarks, firearms and lifting latent prints from difficult surfaces.
The casting material comes in dual-stage tubes, which include both
casting material and a special catalyst. Load a tube into the Forensic
Sil gun, squeeze the trigger and casting material and catalyst are mixed
on demand through a special mixing tip. No mixing is required and you
only use as much casting material as needed. Leave the applicator tip on
the tube once finished. Forensic Sil won’t dry in the tube. When you
are ready to make another cast, simply replace the used tip with a fresh
• Provides extremely fine detail.
• Shrinkage rate of less than 0.2% makes it ideal for latent
prints or firearms examinations.
• Compound won’t run and releases easily from metal surfaces.
• Doesn’t sweat – dried material won’t adhere to other casting
material after drying.
• Remains elastic, yet retains it’s original shape.
Each AccuTrans kit includes two tubes of either black, brown, white or clear AccuTrans ,
one applicator gun and 40 mixing tips in a special carrying case. The
carrying case also includes a blank space for tubes of AccuTrans that
have a used applicator tip on them.