Sometimes fingerprints or the surfaces they’re left on are too fragile to collect the prints with powder alone.
Cyanoacrylate fuming, sometimes known as Super Glue fuming, makes delicate latent prints more permanent so they can be dusted and collected as evidence.
The Fingerprint Fuming ForensiKit will teach you how to set up your own fuming station to preserve latent prints. You’ll also learn how to apply fingerprint powder to those prints to make them more visible.
The ForensiKit: Fingerprint Fuming box includes
- Two Peel & Fume pouches
- One Fast & Easy fuming chamber
- Five fuming bags and wire ties
- One 1-oz. vial fingerprint powder
- One fiberglass brush
- One pair of protective eyewear
- One dust mask
- One pair of Nitrile gloves
- One activity insert
- One packing list
- Bonus! Free one-year detective subscription to crimescene.com
Each ForensiKit by Crime Scene is an all-in-one box that explores various crime scene processing techniques. Retail value is over $60
- Learn about forensic science and methods
- Go hands-on with techniques
- Use the same tools the pros use