When a suspect leaves fingerprints behind at a crime scene, investigators use a latent fingerprint kit to collect and store the prints. They use their expertise to determine which powder to use.
The Printing with Magnetic Powder ForensiKit will teach you how to identify which surfaces are best suited to magnetic powder, how to use magnetic powder to reveal latent prints, and how to preserve those prints.
Dusting with magnetic powder can be less messy than classic powder, which makes it an excellent choice for beginners.
The ForensiKit: Printing with Magnetic Powder box includes
- One magnetic applicator wand
- One 1-oz vial of magnetic powder
- One pack of 2×6-inch fingerprint lifting tape
- 25 latent fingerprint cards
- One dust mask
- One pair of Nitrile gloves
- Four sample practice surfaces
- Unpainted wood
- Primed wood
- Paper toe tag
- One activity insert
- One set of directions
- One packing list
Each ForensiKit by Crime Scene is an all-in-one box that explores various crime scene processing techniques. Retail value is over $50
- Learn about forensic science and methods
- Go hands-on with techniques
- Use the same tools the pros use