When a surface is textured, multicolored, or has a background that makes ridge detail hard to discern, using fluorescent fingerprint powder in conjunction with a UV light can reveal the latent prints.
The Printing with Regular Fluorescent Powder ForensiKit will teach you how to use fluorescent fingerprint powder along with a UV light to develop and preserve latent prints on challenging surfaces.
The ForensiKit: Printing with Regular Fluorescent Powder box includes
- One feather fingerprint duster
- One 1/2-oz. vial of fingerprint powder
- One roll of 1.5-inch x 360-inch fingerprint lift tape
- Twenty latent fingerprint cards, black
- One 400nm light
- One challenging item to be dusted
- One dust mask
- One pair of nitrile gloves
- One activity insert
- One packing list
- Bonus! Free one-year detective subscription to crimescene.com
Each ForensiKit by Crime Scene is an all-in-one box that explores various crime scene processing techniques. Retail value is over $60.
- Learn about forensic science and methods
- Go hands-on with techniques
- Use the same tools the pros use