The FBI recommends ultraviolet light analysis as an initial step in locating biological evidence due to its non-destructive nature.
The Ultraviolet Evidence Detection ForensiKit will teach you how to test surfaces for the presence of lead from gunshot residue and how to examine spent cartridges for identifying characteristics.
The ForensiKit: Ultraviolet Evidence Detection box includes
- One counterfeit detection pen
- Two sheets of stage prop currency
- One 400nm light
- One pair of orange goggles
- Two body fluid detection tests
- Five cotton swabs
- One pair of nitrile gloves
- One activity insert
- One packing list
- Bonus! Free one-year detective subscription to crimescene.com
Each ForensiKit by Crime Scene is an all-in-one box that explores various crime scene processing techniques. Retail value is over $70.
- Learn about forensic science and methods.
- Go hands-on with techniques
- Use the same tools the pros use